136th Year of the Congregation’s Foundation September 24, 2021
- In 1884 (Nov. 11) Father Andreas Amrhein establishs a Mission House (MH) in Reichenbach
- In 1885 (Sep. 24) The First 4 women as candidates to Mission House(MH)
Sr. Katharina Scheyns Superior of the Women’s Community (1885 – 1895)
( For the reason, September 24 was celeblated at the congregation’s foundation day.)
- In 1887 the Reichenbach community transferred to Emming, Diocese of Augsburg. Later, the name St. Ottilien in honor of the shrine there was used.
In 1904 (Jul. 29), after the Sisters had received civil recognition by the Royal Government of Bavaria, they moved from St. Ottilien into a new motherhouse in Tutzing.
St. Katharina 1901-1904 (in St. Ottilien)
In particular today, in spite of all difficulties, Fr. Amrhein humbly consecrated himself as an instrument of God, so that we can witness to God as ‘missionary Benedictines’ in the Church. We give our deepest love and respect to Fr. Amrhein.
That in all things God may be Glorified!