Priory History
Priory News


Priory House Community in Nubuamis


Priory House Nubuamis / Windhoek



Prioress M. M. Thomas Prado, OSB

International Novitiate

Priory House Chapel

In 1920 the first Missionary Benedictine Sisters reached South West Africa, now Namibia. Within a short time, mission stations in Kavango and Owamboland were opened. In 1923, the Sisters took over the administration and work in the Roman Catholic Hospital in Windhoek. On June 26, 1926, the Holy See approved the canonical erection of St. Benedict Priory of Windhoek.Due to expansion of the Roman Catholic Hospital and the growth in membership in the Priory, the Priory House was transferred to Nubuamis, Windhoek and was blessed on July 15, 2000.
Today the more than 100 Sisters serve in 11 mission stations and 1 outreach station in the fields of education, health care, pastoral work, farming, catechism and first evangelization, apostolate of prayer, parish work, hostel management and feeding.


Community during Prayer in Nubuamis

Roman Catholic Hospital / Windhoek